Thanksgiving is a time where most of us are preparing to be with family or friends, enjoy some time off from work and eat like there's no tomorrow. But it’s also a time we tend to stress about our number of guests, all the food we have to make and maybe even the work we have to catch up on when this mini vacay is over. We over-prepare, overwork and then overeat. Sometimes you just need some holiday balance. And we're not talking about balancing mac & cheese in one hand and stuffing in the other.
We've got the gab for your gobble day! We caught up with Sabrina Hermansen, virtual trainer, holistic nutritionist and Super momma for a Q&A and to get some tur-KEY tips for finding and keeping your balance this Thanksgiving.
A. Honestly, I make sure all the food I eat is guilt-free. I don’t hold back when it comes to the types of foods I enjoy on the holiday, I just try to be mindful about portions. My favorite food to eat on Thanksgiving Day is definitely pecan pie.
Q. What are the biggest challenges and rewards you experience being a wife, mom, and self-made businesswoman?
A. TIME! There is never enough time to do everything I want or to be perfect at everything I do, so I have learned how to balance it all and try to give up perfection. I work part-time on my business so that I can spend half of each day with my on-year-old daughter. I recognize that she won’t be little forever and I don’t want to miss out on time with her. I have also learned to rebrand my business based on my own needs. I do a lot of virtual work from home and really focus on helping other busy women.
Q. From your experience in gyms to now with SFAN, do you think it’s harder for women to stick to their workouts or to their nutrition plan? Why?
A. Personally, I see nutrition being the biggest challenge. But I have learned that if I can get their fitness on track it often fuels their bodies to crave healthier foods. It’s a win-win.
Q. What is your motivation to stay consistent and in this field?
A. PASSION. I truly love what I do, so it is a no-brainer. I couldn’t imagine doing anything else. I love studying it, helping others, and implementing nutrition and fitness in my own life.
Q. How do you see yourself growing in the future? Next step?
A. I just went through a huge growing period by changing my business to focus more on virtual clients and even created a specific virtual workout plan for busy women to do at home. I hope to continue growing my virtual work and add more nutritional advice to it with the main focus being balance and guilt-free eating for health.
Thanksgiving is a holiday that is often filled with family, love, gathering, and a large feast. While a little indulgence is certainly expected and even recommended, use these five tips to help you feel your best and enjoy balance on Thanksgiving Day.
- Start the morning with some movement. If time permits, get out and sweat before all the festivities begin. A stroll around the block, a fitness class, an organized turkey trot, even some extra stretches and exercises in your home can help boost the metabolism for the day.
- Drink lots of water. Grab a big glass first thing in the morning and try to continue drinking water throughout the day. It is easy to fill up on food, alcohol, or other sugary beverages while celebrating the holiday, but adding the extra water will help increase energy, promote weight loss, improve digestion, rid the body of toxins, decrease headaches, and help you feel full.
- Enjoy a breakfast that helps stabilize your blood sugar. Pass up the heavy carbohydrates and sugary breakfast foods like bagels, cereal, or pancakes and focus on healthy fats and protein. Some of my favorites are a veggie and egg scramble with avocado slices, a bowl of full-fat yogurt with seeds, nuts, and berries, or a protein smoothie (my go-to smoothie is made with unsweetened almond milk, natural peanut butter, raw spinach, 1/2 frozen banana, collagen powder, and ice).
- When it is time to feast, start with smaller portions and eat slowly while enjoying the time with family and friends. It takes 20 minutes for your brain to register that you are full, so if you are quickly finishing a plate piled high with food you may not recognize the signals and continue indulging. By all means, enjoy your favorite foods guilt-free; just keep your portion sizes in check.
- Bring a dish that is full of veggies and protein, like the one shown below and enjoy the holiday!
Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil (melted butter or ghee could also be used)
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- If the Brussles sprouts are not already halved: wash them, cut off the stems, then cut each one in half.
- Peal and cut the onion into thin slices.
- Place the Brussels sprouts and onion slices into a large bowl and drizzle with avocado oil, salt, and pepper. Stir to cover all of the vegetables with oil.
- Place the Brussels sprouts and onions on a baking pan (more than one pan is often needed) and spread them out into a single layer.
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes. Depending on how crispy you want them, you can add or subtract time.
- While they are in the oven, fry the bacon in a skillet. Let it cool, then chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Remove the Brussels sprouts and onions from the oven and stir in the cooked bacon.
- Right before serving, stir in the almond slivers.
securingpharma.com is an online pharmaceutical market that offers customers to buy generic medications. My Canadian Pharmacy was founded long ago and try to its best to meet customers’ needs. Our company arranges an online catalog that contains many positions of drug categories such as asthma, allergy, antibiotics, blood pressure, erectile dysfunction, weight loss, etc. The ordering procedure takes several steps: search, shopping cart examination, proceeding to checkout, paying for an order, waiting for the parcel. Besides, all the parcels are delivered worldwide secure through Regular Airmail or Courier Express System within the stated periods of time. You are welcome to orders medicines online 24/7. Read more about us here
what is my bank bailnce